On Sep 22, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Hogarty, David A. wrote:

I think the best way to handle this would be to have some sort of option for the mapper or mapper extension that defaults to False for efficiency reasons, something like sequentiallydependent=True to indicate that a full commit/update must happen before another commit/update of the same type of object (no batch processing).

I found a somewhat obvious way to do this...latest SVN up, specify "batch=False" to your mapper (default is True), and it will iteratively call save_obj with a single-element list to fully save one object at a time.