Hello,

what would be the best way to perform a search against columns of a
table ? I have the following code that works fine:

pattern = "%bla%"

client_list = self.query.select(or_(model.Client.c.name.like(pattern),
model.Client.c.contact.like(pattern), model.Client.c.email.like(pattern)))

This generates the following SQL:

SELECT clients.name AS clients_name, clients.contact AS clients_contact,
clients.email AS clients_email, clients.id_client AS clients_id_client
FROM clients
WHERE clients.name LIKE %s OR clients.contact LIKE %s OR clients.email
LIKE %s ORDER BY clients.name
['%bla%', '%bla%', '%bla%']

Is this the correct way to do it ? Isn't there a way I could give a list
of columns to search in rather than doing it like my example ? Or have a
short way to search for the given pattern in all columns ?

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD