On 12/16/06, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> django was not available to the public until it was fully functional
> (youd go to the site and just get a "coming soon"-style splash
> page)..and even then it was already in production use in earlier forms.
>  they knew that if you release something that wasnt polished and would
> lead to user frustration, people would get disinterested and leave.
> the strategy seems to have worked for them.
>
> its not your grandfather's open source community !

If you're responding to Ilias Lazaridis's comment, you should be aware
that he appears to be a troll. His post set off all my "trolling post,
ignore" sensors, plus I've seen him before. (Here, several months ago,
if I recall correctly). Incidentally,  there used to be a Wikipedia
article on him, which was recently deleted. But you can still see it
via Google's cache, at:

http://72.14.221.104/search?q=cache:HnC3ass1Y9YJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilias_Lazaridis+ilias+lazaridis&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

I wasn't going to say anything unless someone responded to him, but in
the interests of pro-actively heading off a possible flamewar:

Please Don't Feed The Trolls. :-)

--
Robin Munn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]