thats  true the PG boolean type is not currently performing any
translation on the value, meaning the 0 and 1 is what psycopg2 is
giving you.  however, the value should be able to go right back in if
thats what its giving you, else psycopg2 is not consistent with itself.

? which version of pgsql and/or psycopg2 are both of you employing? is a
pgsql 8.2-related issue?

from sqlalchemy import *

postgres_engine = create_engine("postgres://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:5432/testsa"
)
metadata = BoundMetaData(postgres_engine)

editore = Table("editore", metadata,
   Column("id", Integer, Sequence("editore_id_seq"),
           primary_key=True ),
   Column("editore", String(40), nullable=False, unique=True),
   Column("prova", Boolean),
              )

metadata.create_all()

editore.insert().execute(id=3, editore="agboh", prova=True)

e = editore.select(editore.c.id==2).execute().fetchone()

print e.prova, type(e.prova)

Result:
True <type 'bool'>

--