On Dec 23, 2006, at 8:56 PM, Chris Shenton wrote:

"Michael Bayer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

seems like Pylons is not properly maintaining the session within
requests.

Yeah, it sure feels like that. :-(

unless there is some way you can reproduce this problem
without any dependencies on pylons ?  is this using the newest
SA/Pylons code that Ben was recently working on ?

Hrmmm, I'm not sure ... I am not on the bleeding edge with nightly
"easy_install -U *=dev" :-)

Pylons trunk (dev) provides a session_context out of the box, but the 0.9.3 release (which it sounds like you're using) does not. Showing how your session_context variable is created might be helpful.

I saw a prompt in your last email:

   >>  self.session.flush()

Are you using paster shell, or the interactive debugger? Otherwise nothing looks out of the ordinary minus the fact you're not seeing your data.

Obvious question: are you seeing the changes made to the database after the commit?

--
Philip Jenvey