Michael Bayer ha scritto:

On Jan 15, 2007, at 12:05 PM, Manlio Perillo wrote:

My idea is simple.
1) When the database does not support schema, the schema name  specified
   in Table costructor should be prepended to the table name.

   foo = Table('foo', ..., schema='bar')
   result in a table named bar_foo

why not just name your table "bar_foo" ?

Because I want to use SQL schema, if available.

why have two ways to do the same thing ?

Convenience?
Moreover it is not the same thing.
On PostgreSQL SQLAlchemy will create the schema bar and the table foo in it, with MySQL 4.x SQLAlchemy will create the table foo_bar.

how would this work with autoloading ?

Not sure here, but what's the problem?

why make a keyword argument called "schema" do something that is nothing like a what a "schema" actually is ?

A schema is simply a namescape.

However this is only an idea, for more 'serious' requests I will use the tracker.

Thanks and regards  Manlio Perillo