I added some info from pdb and from the patch you attached to the
ticket. Both agree that for some reason, the attribute is a Query
instance instead of an InstrumentedList instance, which is more than a
little confusing. I'm trying to come up with a simplified test case,
but so far I haven't been able to reproduce the error outside of the
full context.

JP