I'm trying to work on something where it's necessary to discover table
objects and then perform inserts and deletes in a transaction.  It's
proving very cumbersome to try and locate the existing mappers for
these tables or create them automatically so I'm now trying to work
directly with table.insert(), table.delete(), etc.  Specifically, I
was getting stuck when a mapper for a table had already been used to
create an object earlier on (seems harmless to insert more objects
later, but I don't have access to the original mapper at that point).

I can't seem to figure out how to do something like
table.insert().execute() inside a transaction.  I already have code
that starts with self.session.create_transaction() and then does all
the inserts/deletes effectively with mappers but this doesn't seem to
work the same for table clauses.

Can someone point me at the right code to read or a page in the docs
for executing clauses in transactions?  I've been looking mostly at
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/sqlconstruction.myt#sql_select ...  my
best guess is that I need to run table.insert().compile() somehow with
a transaction created by an engine object?

thanks, Kumar