On Mar 9, 4:33 pm, "Michael Bayer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> attach database ...wow i never knew it had that !  if its a matter of
> issuing the string "attach database", just use literal text() or
> engine.execute().

Me neither ;), until the other day I started looking for an efficient
way to dump in-memory SQLite databases to hdd. And this ATTACH thing
sounded just like made for it.

> attach database....very handy !

So, let's say I issue this engine.execute(), how would one proceede
inserting rows into this attached database. Let's say mem_db is the
main, in-memory database, and file_db has just been attached, and is a
in-file database. SQL syntax is somewhat like this: "INSERT INTO
file_db.table1 SELECT * FROM mem_db.table1", is any way SQLAlchemy can
do this without resorting to engine.execute() ?

Thanks!

Karlo.