On Mar 31, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Gaetan de Menten wrote:

> That's approximately what I did in my patch with the new "params"
> keyword argument, except I only implemented the "set" operation, not
> the add operation on the params. Anyway, what can/should I do to get
> this included? Do you have any advice/pointers on how to do the same
> for eager attributes? (or will you implement it yourself?)

im totally into a series of engine/execution patches/refactorings
right now, so for properties that have "lazy=False", there is still a
LazyLoader strategy there...you should just call
property._get_strategy(LazyLoader) in all cases to get at it.  the
"strategy" attribute youre looking at there should really be named
"_default_strategy"....and should probably be privately held and
accessed via a property (with a docstring, yes), and _get_strategy()
should become public (and docstring'ed, yes).

the "interfaces" module youre working with in orm is, trust me, or
just go look at the 0.2 source...a work of art compared to how this
whole area used to function.