Hi Seb, thanks for replying.

On Apr 3, 12:44 am, Sébastien LELONG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
securities.fr> wrote:
> > So, if article 1 is related to article 2.. then there should be two
> > rows in the articles_related_articles table like:
> > > 1 2 0
> > > 2 1 0
>
> Not sure to understand.I can't see where you handle both direction (1=>2,
> 2=>1) in your code. As expected, there's only one row in the db.

I dont have any code for this. Isn't that what a many-many relation is
supposed to do? Add two rows both ways on each append?? (I'm new to db
stuff, so i might be mistaken though!)

My problem is, if only one row is added, like 1=>2...

A1.related will have A2 as an object, but A2.related is empty. how do
i make it both ways??

> > I am doing this in the shell, but its not working as expected.[...]
> > related_id is always getting
> > overrideen to NULL, even though I have it specified while creating the
> > object.
>
> About related_id overridden, I think it may be a problem about sessions. Are
> you sure session in "session.flush()" is the same as context.current (context
> beeing used in assign_mapper) ? Attached is script using assign_mapper only.
> related_id is set correctly.

I was using tg-admin shell, from turbogears. you might be right about
this thoughk, since your script is working good.