Hi Mike,

I've started looking into this and this is exactly what I need. I can
pretty much eat the stuff directly from added_items() and
deleted_items() and insert that into my history-log table.

One question though:

On 3/28/07, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> dont have an example handy, but yeah youd want to make a
> MapperExtension and work into the after_insert(), after_update() and
> after_delete() hooks (or maybe the before_ versions of each one,
> depending on how you detect changes).  you can issue writes to the
> database immediately within those and theyll be within the current
> transaction.

Can I use the ORM inside after_update? I.e. can I create new instances
of say HistoryLoggedItem which is a mapped class and expect that to be
inserted in the same transaction, or do I need to insert explicitly
into that table?

Arnar