My preference with assign_mapper at this point is to say:

Client.query.filter_by(sites=siteobj)

i.e. i dont think constantly adding methods to assignmapper is going
to scale, as the chances of conflicts with existing user classes
grows.  im into hierarchies of names rather  than huge straight down
lists.