in postgres for example, "\" is already the escape character, so you
wouldnt need to say ESCAPE '\'.  is this not the case in DB2 (we dont
support DB2 anyway yet ?) ?

if you want to provide a patch, this would be a keyword argument to
the like() function, and would probably involve replacing the
BooleanExpression that uses "like" as a regular operator with its own
construct, i.e. sqlalchemy.sql._LikeClause.  then an explicit
visit_like() would be added to ansisql.py to process the construct as
well as the optional "escapes" keyword argument.

otherwise, please add a new enhancement ticket to trac (via the
"bugs" link on the site) and we'll get it in the queue.