* Paul Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [070404 20:11]:

> Hi,
>
> >Maybe I'm not understanding this.  Is ILIKE only a mysql thing?  So is
> >LIKE normally case insensitive in complaint SQL database?
> >

> ILIKE is quasi-standard. Postgres has it as well, but MSSQL doesn't -
> all LIKEs (and in equals too in fact) are case insensitive.
Wrong, the postgresql docs say it exactly the other way:

The key word ILIKE can be used instead of LIKE to make the match
case-insensitive according to the active locale. This is not in the
SQL standard but is a PostgreSQL extension.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-matching.html#FUNCTIONS-LIKE

Andreas