--On 24. April 2007 08:54:55 -0400 Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Apr 24, 2007, at 4:27 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

Because both tables are big the query takes forever. Using a LEFT JOIN
would definitely be faster. Is there a way to configure the 'tools'
property in a smarter way?

not within the relation(), we dont support self-referential eager
loads automatically.

hmm..Why has this to do with self-referential mappers? Wouldn't the generated SQL be same if it wasn't a self-referential mapper but just mapper with a property for a one-to-many relationship? And it's not about eager loading. I am perfectly fine with lazy loading. I am just saying that the generated SQL for lazy-loading the 'tools' property isn't perfect. A left join would be much faster but I don't know if it is possible to influence that on the configuration level?!

Andreas
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK