Michael Bayer wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2007, at 9:58 PM, Eric V. Smith wrote:
>
>> I'm new to this list.  I've searched the archives, and could not find
>> this issue addressed.  Apologies if I've missed it.
>>
>> I'm using 0.3.8.  In ansisql.py, the tests for max_identifier_length()
>> are of the form:
>>
>> if len(bind_name) >= self.dialect.max_identifier_length():
>>
>> However, this prohibits me from having identifiers that are exactly
>> max_identifier_length() long.  I'm using Oracle, and I have columns
>> that
>> are 30 characters long.  max_identifier_length() returns 30 for
>> Oracle,
>> as it should.  However, ansisql.py truncates the names because the
>> test
>> is >=, not >.  This prevents me from accessing these columns.
>>
>> I think this is a bug in ansisql.py.  If others agree, I'll submit
>> a bug
>> report and patch.
>
> sure, thats a bug.

I created a ticket and attached the trivial patch.  I didn't see a test
case that would cover this, and I don't have pysqlite2 on my Windows
box, so I couldn't run the tests.  When I get to work I'll try it on a
Linux box that should be able to run the tests.

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/trac/ticket/589