On Jun 20, 2007, at 2:52 AM, Eric Ongerth wrote:

> If I had to guess, maybe this 3-way split of secondary/association
> tables is the thing that might be causing problems.  I set it up
> that way to keep a strong, up-front distinction between events
> being in an item's future vs. its present case vs. its past.  But I
> suppose I could actually achieve the same thing with all
> gearset<>item associations being in a single table, and just map
> the item's future/current/past to separate selects on that table.
> Right?

thats definitely where the issue is, since its a many-to-many delete
raising the error.  however the mapping seems fine; the secondary
tables are distinct in each relationship.  so its possibly something
related to the backrefs upon a single m2m table, although the bi-
directional m2m relationships communicate with each other to avoid
this conflict.

turn on echo_uow=True on your session to possibly shed some hints on
this, as well as attempt removing the backrefs/other relationships to
see the point at which it fails.  else Ill have a look at it sometime
tonight or tomorrow.