I recently tried SA again, and found that IronPython can now import it
without errors.

I seem to be missing some critical bit when connecting the driver to
SA

I have IPCE-r6

>ipy -V
IronPython 1.1 (1.1) on .NET 2.0.50727.42

My test program starts like so:

import sys, os, os.path
import dbapi

import odbc as db
dbapi._load_type(db.assembly,db.typename)

sa_path = os.path.join(os.getenv('SA'), 'lib')
sys.path.append(sa_path)

from sqlalchemy import *

DatabaseName = 'Temp'

db = create_engine('mssql://DEVELOPERS-W2K3/'+DatabaseName)

>ipy test_sa1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File D:\Software\IronPython\dbTest\test_sa1.py, line 15, in
Initialize
  File __init__, line unknown, in create_engine
  File D:\Downloads\Python\SQLAlchemy-0.3.8\lib\sqlalchemy\engine
\__init__.py, line 154, in create_engine
  File strategies, line unknown, in create
  File D:\Downloads\Python\SQLAlchemy-0.3.8\lib\sqlalchemy\engine
\strategies.py, line 58, in create
  File D:\Downloads\Python\SQLAlchemy-0.3.8\lib\sqlalchemy\databases
\mssql.py, line 350, in dbapi
ImportError: No DBAPI module detected for MSSQL - please install
pyodbc, pymssql, or adodbapi

I am trying to use the DBapi adaptors that come with IPCE (see
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fepy/trunk/dbapi/). Do these work
with SA?

Which of the listed drivers will work with IronPython? I thought they
were binary, or used win32 extensions.