Hi,

>pyodbc, pymssql, and adodbapi each use binary modules, so they would
>require some (unknown amount of) conversion to work with IronPython.

Actually, adodbapi is pure Python, although it does depend on the
win32com binary module.

>I wrapped a module around the IPCE adaptor module to meet (more of)
>the DBAPI 2.0 module level requirements, and duplicated the pyodbc
>code in databases/mssql.py to use my module.

A brave attempt! I think you've taken a good approach, but you can
expect to hit many errors such as the one you posted. There's the dual
problem of CPython vs IronPython incompatibilities, and also IPCE vs
PyODBC incompatibilities.

I guess you have a choice of waiting for IronPython to become more
compatible, or making your own tweaks to the SA source to make it work
in IronPython. I've no idea how extensive these would need to be.

A really interesting project though - good luck!

Paul