I think you should listen to that error message.

user.id must appear in the "group by" or be used in an aggregate
function i.e count, sum, avg etc.

The other problem you are using the ORM interface. You should be using
the SQL select.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, but your original query
does not make sense from any SQL perspective.

This is an example from the docs on how to use group by from an SQL select.

s = select([customers,
            func.count(orders).label('order_count'),
            func.max(orders.price).label('highest_order')],
            customers.c.customer_id==orders.c.customer_id,
            group_by=[c for c in customers.c]
            ).alias('somealias')

Huy