On Jul 10, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Rick Morrison wrote:

> Well the enumeration of the options targeted for a specific class
> has to be specified somewhere. Otherwise, we'll end up passing its
> constructor the entire dictionary of options, and it will raise
> errors because of invalid keywords.
>
> If there's some way to sniff the keyword arguments for a Dialect,
> Engine or Pool class, that could be used as the list. But to me,
> sniffing the keyword arguments is more fragile than just asking the
> instance for them, and if you're going to ask for them, why not
> specify the type  as well?

take a look at the current implementation.  we are doing this part
already, we're using inspect to look at kwargs.   its not fragile at
all.  so im just proposing we add extra sniffing of dbapi.connect(),
and that we also look in the query string for the full range of those
parameters.  this will allow 90% of what people want to pass to be
allowed within the URI.