Hi,

>SAContext is a SQLAlchemy front end that organizes your engines,
>metadatas, and sessions into one convenient object, while still
>allowing access to the underlying objects for advanced use.

Mike, this looks like good work and something that is needed. I notice
for instance that the current TurboGears SA integration is a little
hacky (to say the least!)

Does SAContext do anything in the way of assosciating
transactions/sessions with requests?

To explain why I'm interested, I'm having some data freshness problems
with a TG/SA app. I believe SessionContext has some inherent
thread-safety issues, primarily that old data will build up in each
thread's identity map, unless you periodically start a new session (e.g.
at the start of a request). Is this something that SAContext tries to
address?

Another thing SAContext could potentially do is handle database
disconnection errors (i.e. reconnecting and retrying a block of code).
This is something people often notice with MySQL. Automatic recovery is
probably not appropriate for the SQLAlchemy layer, but perhaps SAContext
is a layer where this can be done.

Paul