> aaah, u are _that_ new...
>  - use it instead of the __import__() func
>  - original python library reference of the version u use;
> e.g.http://docs.python.org/lib/built-in-funcs.html
>
> wow there's a level parameter now... somethin to try

I'm not using 2.5 (2.4 still). I tried the 'my_import' function. Nice,
but not what I needed (I knew that before I tried it, but what the
heck...didn't take much to try it anyway).

So, I'm at square 2.
I know that I have a problem with trying to import a module that has
already been imported under another name.

Square 3 is where I DO know how to properly retrieve that module
without the importer thinking it needs to reload it.

There is NO square 4 (said firmly with authority).

thanks for all the help.