On Monday 23 July 2007 17:52:51 Jesse James wrote:
> > aaah, u are _that_ new...
> >  - use it instead of the __import__() func
> >  - original python library reference of the version u use;
> > e.g.http://docs.python.org/lib/built-in-funcs.html
> >
> > wow there's a level parameter now... somethin to try
>
> I'm not using 2.5 (2.4 still). I tried the 'my_import' function.
> Nice, but not what I needed (I knew that before I tried it, but
> what the heck...didn't take much to try it anyway).

> So, I'm at square 2.
> I know that I have a problem with trying to import a module that
> has already been imported under another name.
>
> Square 3 is where I DO know how to properly retrieve that module
> without the importer thinking it needs to reload it.
>
> There is NO square 4 (said firmly with authority).

-3: 2.5 or 2.4 all the same (Except abs/rel imports which still dont
work in 2.5 anyway).
-2: u need my_import (or similar) because __import__( 'vor.model')
will not give u want u want.
-1: u need to give _same_ full absolute paths to __import__ (or
substitute) or else u'll get duplicated modules. OR, do check how the
model.py is imported in the application, and __import__ it the same
way. same to for anything u want to import, _again, _later.
this should bring u to square next.

0: i havent asked why the heck u need to __import__ - multiple times -
but this is out of my MYOB.