On 8/4/07, Alexandre CONRAD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <main>
>     <video>intro.avi</video> [0]
>     <group> [1]
>       <video>foo.avi</video> [0]
>       <video>bar.avi</video> [1]
>     </group>
>     <group> [2]
>       <video>weather_intro.avi</video> [0]
>       <image>morning.jpg</image> [1]
>       <image>afternoon.jpg</image> [2]
>       <video>brought_to_you_by.avi</video> [3]
>       <media_list> [4]
>         <video>brand_A.avi</video> [0]
>         <video>brand_B.avi</video> [1]
>         <video>brand_C.avi</video> [2]
>       </media_list>
>     </group>
>     <video>outro.avi</video> [3]
> </main>
>
> Any thoughts ?

Have you considered just storing the XML serialized in a text field?
Do you need to be able to make queries like "give me all playlists
with references to xyz.avi" or "find all nodes of type media_list"?

As Michael pointed out, the ElementTree example stores the XML data
en-masse, so if you don't need those kind of queries, you might see
better performance and a simpler way of life if you just serialize the
ElementTree instances to XML in a text field and vice versa.

Arnar