Hi,

> I've been bugging Mike for a long, long time about a better type
> system, and I think I may have oversold it and made it sound too big
> and grandiose.  All it needs to be is a layer that adapts the incoming
> type to the desired column type.

That would help with the situation in question. I'm not sure of its need
in migration, I think there's something a little simpler we need - some
documentation. For all the SA types we should document the type that
convert_result_value returns, and that convert_bind_param expects, and
check that all the DBAPIs stick to this (probably with unit tests). I'm
pretty sure there's some inconsistency at the minute.

Paul