Ive added ticket #759 for this and I think before 0.4 is finalized,
I'll be working out the full "solution" for Postgres inserts/updates,
which will allow a flag "inline=True" on all Insert/Update constructs
indicating that all SQL expressions should execute "inline" (i.e. no
pre-execution), and I'll also make it more intelligent about PG in
this case (i.e. where SERIAL can autoincrement the sequence for you,
dont render any literal sequence expression at all).  "inline=True"
will also take effect automatically for all executemany() scenarios
since the "pre-execute" thing there is totally wasteful.  (the pre-
execution logic is primarily so we can get the row's ID in the case
of a sequence-oriented database, which includes postgres, oracle and
firebird).