Hello,
So it seems to me there are two select function that I can use but
they are different
First:
s=Users.select(Users.c.LASTNAME=='Smith')
but when you want to select only two columns via :
s=Users.select([Users.c.LASTNAME, Users.c.FIRSTNAME], Users.c.LASTNAME
=='Smith')

you get an error :
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/assignmapper.py",
line 7, in do
    return getattr(query, name)(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: select() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)

Second:

import sqlalchemy
s2=sqlalchemy.select(Users.c.LASTNAME=='Smith')
s3=s2.execute()
This works just fine:
s2=sqlalchemy.select([Users.c.LASTNAME, Users.c.FIRSTNAME],
Users.c.LASTNAME =='Smith')
s3=s2.execute()

Is this difference suppose to be there? or is it a bug in assign_mapper?

Lucas

--
http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/TurboGears