Lukasz Szybalski ha scritto:

> I am trying to insert a record with a compound primary key that consists of
> Team_Sid, User_Sid
>
> I can either do
>
> i = users_table.insert()
> i.execute(TEAM_SID=343, USER_SID=1,TEAM_NAME='the team')
> i.execute(TEAM_SID=343, USER_SID=2,TEAM_NAME='the team')
> i.execute(TEAM_SID=343, USER_SID=3,TEAM_NAME='the team')
>
> But that means I need to find out what is the next USER_SID available.
>
> Is there an insert save or other function that will save the record
> and auto number the second primary key TEAM_SID=343 + autonumber

Just to be picky, there is no such thing as a _second_ primary key, it's
a part of the compund PK.

> User_sid ??
> i.execute(TEAM_SID=343,TEAM_NAME='the team')

Your post begs for a question, which is "why?"  :-)

You are fighthing the system. Having an autonumber column as part of a
compound key does not make a lot of sense.
I don't think you have a really, really, really strange use case that
justifies it.