I found a problem in SqlAlchemy 0.3.10 this week: slicing a list
property caused the whole association list to be deleted. For example,
suppose I want to remove the first 3 items from a list of related items:

my_obj.related = my_obj.related[3:]

When these changes were saved , my_obj.related was empty the next time it
loaded. This code, however, worked correctly:

for i in range(0, 3):

    del my_obj.related[0]

Barry