On 29 loka, 09:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I dont need history tracking, just revert documents to older ones.
>
> that is history, just not timed history.

Most optimal would it be, if i can make rows with updated fields only,
not to copy whole row... but im afraid setting unchanged field to None
would be problematic when retrieving versions. I should retrieve
several rows and collect the latest not None fields... just pondering

> u'll have documents, and then for each document a bunch of versions.> Once
> get it working on simple form, then perhaps trying optimicing
> > and feeding only field, that has changed. Version field automatic
> > update was on my mind lately. Could it be something like this:
>
> > Column("version", Integer, default=1, nullable=False,
> > onupdate=document_versions.select(document_versions.document_id=c.d
> >ocument_id, order_by=version, order=DESC, limit=1)
>
> no idea, what this onupdate is expected to do here?

It was meant to be oninsert, not onupdate, but on the other hand, if
making system with mapper extension, i think i need to do
before_update and increase version number there as well as making a
new insert and halt doing update.

> afaik these things are done with a mapper extension, but i'm not sure
> its the only way.

I'm going to try with mapper extension

> what would be version field? something that counts the inserts for
> that particular document_id?

Yes, just a counter for every insert to document_id. I could use
len(Versions) or get latest DocumentVersion.version+1