Hi.

I'm trying to add support to SQLALchemy 0.4 in nadbapi:
http://hg.mperillo.ath.cx/nweb/nadbapi/

However there is (among other things) a problem I do not understand.
Here is the code:

     def _sessionTransaction(self, callable_, *args, **kwargs):
         from sqlalchemy import orm

         conn = self.contextual_connect()
         sess = orm.create_session(bind=conn) # This cannot fail

         try:
             trans = sess.create_transaction()
             try:
                 ret = callable_(conn, sess, *args, **kwargs)
                 trans.commit()
                 return ret
             except:
                 trans.rollback()
                 raise
         finally:
             sess.close() # This cannot fail
             conn.close()

And here is the problem:

  File "/home/manlio/projects/hg/nweb/nadbapi/nadbapi/engine.py", line
305, in _sessionTransaction
     trans.commit()
   File
"/home/manlio/projects/svn-external/sqlalchemy/trunk/lib/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py",

line 222, in commit
     self.close()
   File
"/home/manlio/projects/svn-external/sqlalchemy/trunk/lib/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py",

line 245, in close
     t[1].close()
   File
"/home/manlio/projects/svn-external/sqlalchemy/trunk/lib/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py",

line 944, in close
     if not self._parent._is_active:
AttributeError: 'TLTransaction' object has no attribute '_parent'

I'm using SQLAlchemy from trunk.

I see from the sources that now the Session object has a transactional
argument.

How can I use it in my code?
Is it available in SQLAlchemy 0.3?

Thanks  Manlio Perillo