On Nov 18, 2007, at 11:26 AM, exhuma.twn wrote:

> I have seen that in SA 0.4 on can do something like:
>
> q = table.select()
> q = q.where(x=1)
> q = q.where(z=2)
>
> Is this also possible in SA 0.3?

0.3. can build up selects by using methods such as
append_whereclause().  but in 0.3 its not generative, you modify the
current select object in place and the append_() methods have no
return value.

> Considering this scenario, would it be possible to *remove* one such
> filter from a query? Say, remove the "x=1" from the above query.

neither 0.3 or 0.4 can do that, and this is basically because you
don't need to.    in 0.4 just hold onto the previous select() which
doesn't have the filter.  If you're building from a web form, you'd be
translating form state into a newly built select() each time so i dont
see any use case for removing components there.