I was thinking to change isolation level in fact.

But first, I don't know how to do this with sqlalchemy, second, with
default isolation level commits should work properly weather or not
something were inserted or updated during commit and third, I was
using nested transaction like this :

transaction = session.begin()
nested = session.begin_nested()
try:
  ..insert.. #trying to insert values to column that have UNIQUE
constraint
except:
  ..update..
nested.commit()
transaction.commit()

so, I'm not sure that done everything right.

btw, there's a daemon, and have no user to watch on it.