On Dec 14, 2007, at 9:24 PM, imgrey wrote:

> as far as I understand 'SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE' (
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-lock.html )  lock is
> necessary here, but I was unable to find how to set it up in
> sqlalchemy.

connection.execute("LOCK TABLE IN SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE")

> With choosing proper lock in postgres disappears necessity to touch
> "threadframe" mentioned above, right ?

if you have a deadlock and cant find it, you need to use threadframe.
on the other hand, if your app just spawns threads with no bound
because one thread is busy, and each thread opens a conneciton, then
you have to increase the size of your connection pool.  if that opens
so many connections that you run out of memory, then obviously you
have to revisit your application's approach such that it doesnt have
to request endless resources. none of this has anything to do with an
ORM.