On Dec 22, 2007, at 9:00 PM, andresj wrote:

> On Dec 22, 5:07 pm, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> a synonym() is used so that your attributes are properly available in
>> filter().  This functionality has been vastly improved in the current
>> SVN trunk which resolves all the issues you outline above, and will
>> be
>> available in release 0.4.2.  If you checkout the SVN trunk, you can
>> do:
>>
>>     class MyAddress(object):
>>        def _set_email(self, email):
>>           self._email = email
>>        def _get_email(self):
>>           return self._email
>>        email = property(_get_email, _set_email)
>>
>>     mapper(MyAddress, addresses_table, properties = {
>>         'email':synonym('_email', map_column=True)
>>     })
>>
>> which automatically maps the column to the "_email" attribute, and
>> also instruments the "email" property with the SQL comparator
>> methods.
>
> Thank's for the info, but is SVN ready for production use (kinda like
> Django's SVN, which is recommended by Django)? I mean, can I use it
> for my real-world projects without fearing that in any moment it will
> not work? And in any case, do you know when is 0.4.2 scheduled to
> come?

0.4.2 is ready to go out within the next week.   the SVN trunk is
typically pretty stable and SQLAlchemy puts out a new release from the
trunk about once a month.  I'd classify the general stability of the
trunk as "beta" since there are new features and changes on an almost
daily basis, so its not like things can't go wrong, but we always keep
the full suite of unit tests passing in trunk; to view the status of
the tests you can view http://pylonshq.com:8012/ .