> in the case of "parent", what happens if you just dont use a
> synonym ?   if it works then, there might be some silliness occuring
> when backrefs get set up.  the synonym for relation() is only
> important if youre really looking for the extra querying attributes on
> "parent".  you might also try adding it using add_property() after the
> mappers are compiled.  if any of those versions work, then thats your
> workaround for now and we'll put in a trac ticket.

When I delete the parent synonym() line, it all works well, except of
course, using filter() with the 'parent' property. I wanna try using
add_property(), but I don't know how to use it, could you give me an
example please? (I will look in the documentation, but it's always
good to see an example :) )

Thanks.