Thank you for a quick response.  I'll try it and I'll risk the
possible incompatibility with the future release for now...

> actual session.delete()) if thats what you want.  For one thing, if
> you have an object A referenced by B as a parent, and a delete of B is
> superceded by an update of just a timestamp, now B still has the
> foreign key linking to A and will still show up as one of its children.

I know that changing just a DELETE behaviour is not enough.  Further
need to modify the SELECT behaviour in all possible places within ORM
in order to eliminate all rows where 'remove_date is not null'.  I've
done this already in the methods .first, .one, .all and .count for
know, placing there a hook from the MapperExtension (as a try-out)

Could you give me a hint, what methods I need to 'hook' in order to
change the way relations are populated? Then, although B has a
foreign
key to A, ORM would filter it out.

I achieved such a functionality/transparency already with an Oracle
database using VIEWS and INSTEAD_OF triggers.  But placing this in
ORM  would make it DB-independent what I actually need, as I'm moving
from Oracle to PostgreSQL.

Thanks again,
Andrzej