On Jan 15, 2008, at 10:49 AM, svilen wrote:

> hmmm, specify explicitly?
> e.g. query(A).eagerload( B.address)
>
> joined-inh via left-outer-join is enough, no need for polymunion.

uh well i suppose....eagerload options dont really affect the
"traversal" that way and it would take some non-trivial rearrangement
of internals.

> IMO
> this will be big plus for the ORM - eagerloading polymorphical child
> attributes - moving further away from SQL-like-looking stuff.

we *like* SQL !  we dont want to become OQL.

> i dont know how the current machinery for eagerload works, but imo
> knowing your level of lookahead-design, it should not be hard to
> apply that machinery over a polymorphic mapper/query?

theres plenty of much higher priority issues than this one in the
queue...considering that you can already get the results you want with
this one using direct SQL.....