On Jan 24, 2008, at 11:36 AM, MattQc wrote:

> Thank you for the answer!
>
> Does it have any performance differences between the 3 manners?
> Which one could be the fastest if I have a lot of nested joins to do
> with other tables?

straight SQL constructs without using the ORM are always much faster,
but the speed increases are primarily on the result fetching side and
not the execution side.  The ORM in some cases may generate a query
thats not quite as efficient as what you'd generate by hand but is
usually more or less the same.