On Jan 25, 2008 11:58 AM, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ...so this
> test will pass if you change setUp to read:
>
>          Session.mapper(SomeObject, table, properties={
>              'options':relation(SomeOtherObject)
>          }, save_on_init=False)
>          Session.mapper(SomeOtherObject, table2, save_on_init=False)

ah, so it does.  I saw that in the code and thought I'd tried it but I
guess not.  Thanks, this works.

> The Session.mapper function is not worth it, in my opinion, it exists
> due to the sheer popularity of its previous incarnation,
> "assign_mapper".  I much prefer keeping things explicit.

I can understand that.  I am trying to get this working for an
application that has its entire model declared in Elixir already.  I
like how easy Elixir is and so I'd rather not abandon that layer.
But, there is probably a way to configure Elixir for
save_on_init=False, I will give it a go.

thanks again, Kumar