On Jan 25, 2008, at 2:02 PM, Kumar McMillan wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2008 11:58 AM, Michael Bayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> ...so this
>> test will pass if you change setUp to read:
>>
>>         Session.mapper(SomeObject, table, properties={
>>             'options':relation(SomeOtherObject)
>>         }, save_on_init=False)
>>         Session.mapper(SomeOtherObject, table2, save_on_init=False)
>
> ah, so it does.  I saw that in the code and thought I'd tried it but I
> guess not.  Thanks, this works.
>

>> The Session.mapper function is not worth it, in my opinion, it exists
>> due to the sheer popularity of its previous incarnation,
>> "assign_mapper".  I much prefer keeping things explicit.
>
> I can understand that.  I am trying to get this working for an
> application that has its entire model declared in Elixir already.  I
> like how easy Elixir is and so I'd rather not abandon that layer.
> But, there is probably a way to configure Elixir for
> save_on_init=False, I will give it a go.

elixir shouldn't be dependent on Session.mapper, if it is, I would
advise the elixir folks change that requirement ASAP.  in my view, at
this point elixir should be for mapper configuration only; after that
it should hand off to straight SQLAlchemy for normal runtime operation
with any kind of Session configuration; else its just getting in the
way.