Rick Morrison wrote:
> This approach would be ideal, and would work with row-returning
> functions, etc.  but obviously depends on some rather sophisticated
> cooperation with the dbapi. I don't think pymssql would be up to the
> task, although I think the ODBC-derived dbapis might work.

It's not that fancy: just checking for the cursor.description attribute.

There needs to be some work done in this area anyhow.  I noticed that
the MySQLdb db-api crashes if a stored procedure returns multiple result
sets and nextset() isn't called for all of them...  so we'd want to be
able to detect a pending resultset in any case.  And support procedures
returning multiple resultsets in general.