I actually keep most of my DB schemas in SA syntax these days: Python is
everywhere and SA does a great job of issuing DDL creates in the correct
sequence based on a dependancy sort that I would otherwise have to myself.

But I think a pretty useful tool, and fairly easy to create would be to have
SA generate the DDL to a file instead of issuing it to the server -- there's
your create script, and as a bonus, in the correct sequence. Given this,
then SA could then also act as a kind of reverse-engineering tool. Turn it
loose on a database with table reflection, and then after it has sucked in
all the table definitions, have it output an SQL DDL script.  Most databases
can do that anyway today, but not always in the right dependancy order. And
with a bit of work making things like sequences and defaults more generic,
you would able to slurp in, say a Postgresql schema, and output MSSQL or
DB2, and so on.