On Apr 3, 11:24 am, Chris Guin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Actually, it turns out I'm still getting NULL in the discriminator
> field of my base classes.  In my setup, an AspectDetection inherits
> from Detection which inherits from Event - the discriminator field of
> Detection is set properly, but is universally NULL in Event.  Any
> idea why this might be the case?

the same rules apply.  the discriminator column is physically present
on the "event" table only, and the "event" table must be present in
all queries for any of the subclasses.  Turning on SQL echoing
(especially with echo='debug' to show result sets) should readily show
why this column is coming out as NULL in some cases.