Hi everybody,

I know that this problem isn't related directly to sqlalchemy, but
maybe somebody can help me thought. We have developed a big web
application which also includes a bulletin board. There are some heavy
SQL queries for loading and eagerloading the forum structure, but
luckily everything is cached using memcached. So there is only one
query for determining the permissions, which doesn't take long.

Unfortunately the forum still remains extremely slow, with productive
data in use (since we are planning a migration, there is already more
than enough data available). With extremely slow I mean that it can
currently handle about 1 request per second.

Here is a link to the profile stats, maybe someone of you is
experienced in optimizing python applications (with sqlalchemy objects
in the background) and can give me some hints.

Profile-Stats: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/38235/

Thanks in advice for every single tip. :)

Regards,
Christoph Hack