On Apr 9, 2008, at 6:45 AM, Jim Carroll wrote:

> Hi, I'm just mucking around with Pyro to see if I can use my
> entity objects on both sides, even though only one side knows
> anything about SQLAlchemy.
>
> So my server is the instrumented side, and it does the actual database
> access.
>
> On my client, I create my objects, and try to call object_insert(o) on
> my server.

Im not too familar with Pyro - but basically, the mechanism by which
your classes get defined on the "client" side must also include the
mappers being set up.    in a typical pickling scenario, the pickle
module detects the module and classname for each object it encounters,
and will do an "import" of that module if not already loaded.  you
basically want to organize things such that your classes and mappers
have already been imported on the client side, or that an "import" of
the class' module will do the same.

using the declarative extension might make this kind of thing easier
since you are guaranteed to have your mappers/classes defined at once,
although it doesn't speak for dependent class/mapper combinations.

- mike