Hi,

I think you'll do well to switch to an open library, I certainly found
it worthwhile when I made a similar switch 18 months ago. And that's
despite getting side-tracked making SA support MSSQL more completely :-)

On you specific points:

>1. Be able to call custom functions when a field is updated, sometimes
>2. Force a field to be lowered all the time. When we insert, update or
>3. Handle multiple databases in the model.. We keep our user account

You won't have much trouble doing those.

>4. In the object model, hook into the object create, load, write/
>update, and delete.. We've implemented an ACL type access on our
>objects, and would need to verify these ACLs for each action that
>touches the DB/..

Not 100%, but I think you can do that with a MapperExtension.

>5. We also have a circumstance where we have 2 objects in difference

Hmmm, that's harder. You probably can create a proxy class that hides
the distinction, but I've got a feeling you'll have some fun making this
work in all the corner cases.

Paul