On Apr 27, 2008, at 8:10 AM, BruceC wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for your persistence :)
>
> I've searched through my app, & we don't seem to have any calls to
> fetchone(), so I'm not sure what else to look for, but I'll try to do
> some debugging with ResultProxys, & see if that leads to any possible
> answers.
>
> On a side note, in our Pylons development.ini, we have these settings:
> sqlalchemy.default.max_overflow = -1
> sqlalchemy.default.pool_size = 32
>
> Is there anything there that could be having an effect on this?

well, try sending along a stack trace when you catch it
happening....what conditions seem to correlate with its occurence ?
does it appear to be related to a high degree of concurrent
activity ?  the max_overflow means the pool has no limit to how many
connections it can open in response to requests.